Sweden is one of the oldest European Union member states and also a member of the Schengen Area. Apart from these, Sweden is one of the most prolific economies among the North European states which makes it an ideal destination for those interested in moving here for living and working.
Immigration to Sweden is not complicated, no matter if you are an EU or a non-EU national, as the country has a very advanced immigration system. Doubled by the efforts of our immigration lawyers in Sweden, the procedure of relocating to this country will become simple and fast.
We are a team of immigration lawyers in Sweden dedicated to foreign citizens who want to move to this country and start a new life. With our help, all applicants for work and residence permits will benefit from support in preparing and filing the documents for obtaining their visas in the shortest period of time.
Below, you can read some useful information on how our lawyers can help you immigrate to Sweden by applying for various visas.
Immigrate to Sweden with the help of our dedicated lawyers
There are three ways a foreign citizen can immigrate to Sweden: by employment with a Swedish company, by self-employment and by starting a business. It is also possible to relocate to Sweden if a family member is already living here. Foreign citizens in need of protection or seeking asylum can benefit from special mechanisms that enable them to move here.
All these situations can be explained by our immigration lawyer in Sweden and assistance can be offered to every case in particular.
Here are the main services our immigration lawyers can offer to those who want to immigrate to Sweden:
- guidance in applying for various types of visas based on the clients’ needs;
- assistance in obtaining temporary and long-term residence visas with the Swedish authorities;
- tailored assistance in applying for employment permits obtained as part of being hired by a Swedish company;
- guidance in obtaining a business visa by starting a company in Sweden;
- assistance in applying for citizenship in accordance with the conditions imposed by the Swedish immigration laws;
- assistance in preparing all the documents related to immigration to Sweden and representation in case of visa refusal.
If you are seeking for a service you did not see listed above, we encourage you to reach out to our lawyers and ask them for a personalized consultation.
Types of visas available in Sweden
Foreign nationals interested in immigration to Sweden can apply for several types of visas. These are also available at the EU level which means that the holder of an EU visa can freely move and/or work in Sweden.
For those who want to move to Sweden, here are the main types of visas available:
- the employment visa which is issued based on a labor contract with a Swedish company;
- the student visa which is issued to foreign citizens enrolled with accredited educational institutions;
- the business visa which is issued to foreign entrepreneurs who are interested in starting a business in Sweden, but also to self-employed individuals.
- the family reunification visa which is issued to foreign citizens who have other family members living in Sweden;
- other visas are available for individuals who participate in scientific or academic research in the country.
There are various documents required for those who want to immigrate to Sweden, depending on the reason they have for moving. A particular situation is applicable to those who want to start a business in Sweden and who need to demonstrate they have the necessary experience to manage a company.
All the conditions related to moving here can be explained in detail by our immigration lawyer in Sweden.
As a general rule, in terms of documents that need to be presented for immigration purposes, valid passport and insurance alongside proof of sufficient means to support oneself are necessary for any type of visa. In specific situations, other documents will be required.
If you don’t know the paperwork you need to submit in order to relocate to Sweden, you can always ask for information from our lawyers who can also help you prepare them.
Why immigrate to Sweden with the help of our lawyers?
In the case of Sweden, size is one of the main characteristics to attract foreign citizens willing to relocate. With the help of our immigration lawyer moving to Sweden becomes easy and simple, as we have the knowledge and experience to help each individual in accordance with his/her circumstances. We are dedicated to offering suitable solutions that match clients’ requests in a fast and reliable manner.
Sweden is one of the few European countries to register a positive migration rate since World War II. This means, that the number of foreign citizens moving here exceeds that of those permanently leaving the country.
According to Statistics Sweden:
- around 1.7 million people living in Sweden at the level of 2016 were born in other countries;
- in the same year, Syrians represented the largest community of foreigners in Sweden with a number of 22.327;
- in 2016, 9.297, 7.236, 5.717 citizens were from Afghanistan, Iraq, respectively India;
- from Europe, Polish citizens represent the largest community of foreigners with 4.405 citizens living in Sweden at the level of 2016.
For personalized immigration services, please contact our immigration lawyers in Sweden.