Foreign citizens who want to immigrate to Sweden from Lebanon must first obtain travel visas from the Swedish embassy in Beirut in order to enter the country. Even when they have secured employment contracts or have other means for coming to Sweden.
Our immigration lawyers in Sweden are at the service of Lebanese citizens who want to move here and can help them apply for any type of visa, including residence permits. We invite you to get in touch with us for details on all your options.
Table of Contents
Means to residency for those who move to Sweden from Lebanon
Persons who decide to immigrate to Sweden from Lebanon can live here temporarily under one of the following visas:
- student visas that are issued for the duration of the studies here;
- the business visa which can be obtained by entrepreneurs and self-employed persons;
- specific visas issued for activities related to research and development;
- employment visas that are the most common way to relocate to Sweden from Lebanon;
- family reunification visas are another way to move here provided that the applicant has a close relative established in Sweden;
- digital nomad visas are the latest addition to the main pathways of immigration to Sweden on a temporary basis.
Should you want to move here under any of these visas, you can rely on our immigration lawyer in Sweden who is at your disposal with complete information on the steps to complete. If you plan to relocate here based on a work permit, you should note that it can take up to 3 months to obtain it.
We specialize in offering support in many types of immigration cases, however, the most requested is residency in Sweden. While the procedure itself is not complicated, it requires a lot of attention when compiling the necessary documents. So, feel free to use our services if you think you need assistance in moving here rapidly.
How to immigrate to Sweden from Lebanon based on employment
Persons who want to move to Sweden from Lebanon by applying for work permits must know that the procedure starts with the employer. This is why the process can take between 1 and 3 months, as there are several approvals to obtain, especially when hiring non-EU citizens.
There are various documents that need to be submitted in order to obtain a work visa for Sweden, among which:
- the valid passport;
- the employment contract;
- the document indicating the employer has enrolled the new employee with the trade union.
If you want to immigrate to Sweden from Lebanon based on employment it is possible to bring family members with you. Our law firm can offer the necessary details on how to relocate to Sweden with your family.
Our immigration lawyers can also help you apply for Swedish citizenship. We can advise on the documents to prepare and when the best time to file for a passport is. This usually coincides with the lowest immigration applications, so that you can obtain your papers as soon as possible. So, get in touch with us for guidance.
The right to permanent residence in Sweden
People looking to relocate to Sweden from Lebanon and aiming for permanent residence must know that such a permit is usually issued after 5 years of uninterrupted stay. Business and employment are the main pathways to permanent immigration, however, the residency by investment scheme is also an option.
The requirements of the program imply investing at least 100,000 Swedish Krona or the equivalent in euro or US dollars and proof of managerial or business experience. This is one of the most advantageous ways to immigrate to Sweden from Lebanon.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with our specialists for tailored support in moving here including from other countries.
Living in Sweden as a Lebanese citizen
If you plan to move to Sweden from Lebanon, there are various aspects you should consider, starting with finding a place to stay. According to data gathered by InterNations.org:
- Stockholm, Gothenburg Malmo, Uppsala, and Solna are the most sought cities to live in;
- renting an apartment in Stockholm can cost between 1,400 and 2,400 USD per month;
- in Gothenburg, rentals are a little cheaper and start at 1,200 USD per month;
- one should also consider that the rent may represent up to 30% of the salary.
If you want to immigrate to Sweden from Lebanon, contact our immigration lawyer who will help you apply for any type of residence permit.